Improve the integrity of your foundation with Micropiles.
What is a Micropile and how do they work?
Micropiles are a high-capacity deep foundation elements constructed using high-strength, small-diameter steel casing and threaded bar they are small piles typically ranging in size from 3 1/2″ to 9 7/8″ in diameter that transfer the structural load deep into the earth to competent bearing soils using steel and grout and can be used for new construction, as well as to stabilize an existing foundation.
BASEco will first of all drill into the soil or rock to create an opening for the casing of the micropile using a drilling technique for the casing to advance to the designed depth. Then reinforcing steel, typically an all-thread bar, is inserted into the casing. Finally BASEco will back fill the hole from the bottom, using cement mortar (grout) to finish the process.
The injection of grout through the hollow bar during installation improves the integrity of the surrounding soil and also reduces the over all project time and cost.
Customers can have them installed through most ground conditions, obstructions and nearly all foundations at any incline. They can also be pre-installed to a working load before connecting to particularly sensitive structures and have a simple and economical connection to existing and new structures.
What instances would I use micropiles?
- Replace deteriorating foundation systems.
- Provide extra support for structures while doing renovation.
- Provide pile foundations where access, geology or environment prevent the use of other methods.
- Support structures affected by adjacent excavation, tunneling or de-watering activities.
- Provide a fast and effective alternative to more traditional underpinning methods.
- Building on poor soil that has a tendency to sink or settle; Micro-piles will stabilize your foundation from settling into the poor-grade soil.
How do I know if you have poor soil quality?
We can get you in-contact to have your soil test or you can read more about it blue clay and poor soil here.
What happens if you build on poor soil with out micropiles?
For pre-established structures that are settling, also take a look at our Foundation Repair Solutions.